Christmas time and waste disposal
During the Christmas time we generate more waste and most of it can be recycled. Below are some tips on how to reduce waste and recycle more:
- Put ham grease in a tight container and then to the mixed waste inlet, or frozen grease in a biowaste bag and then to the biowaste inlet. Grease (liquid) should not be poured down the waste inlet. Grease also should not be poured down the sink or into the toilet, because it can clog the pipes.
- Gift paper and ribbons are mixed waste. It does not qualify as paper or cardboard for recycling purposes.
- Aluminium foils and tea light candle shells belong to the metal section of the sorting room.
- Broken LED candles and light sets belong to electrical waste collection (www.kierratys.info)
- New Year´s tin is hazardous waste, because it consist a lot of lead. New Year´s tin is collected free of charge in HSY hazardous waste containers and Sortti-stations.
- Flatten cardboard boxes before placing them in the inlet point or waste bin (in the sorting room).
For more information, please see HSY website.
KESKI-PASILAN JÄTTEEN PUTKIKERÄYS OY WISHES YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS!